How to bid
Bidding is pretty simple, particularly if you’ve bid in an online auction before, but here’s a quick rundown on some features that may be unfamiliar: Each lot in the auction is scheduled to close 15 seconds apart. For example, Lot 1 is scheduled to close at 7:00.00 pm central time. Lot 1a is scheduled to close at 7:00:15, Lot 2 is scheduled to close at 7:00:30, Lot 3 is scheduled to close at 7:00:45, Lot 4 is scheduled to close at 7:01.
Soft Close The auction software has a “soft close” feature so that if a lot is bid on in the final two minutes before that particular lot is scheduled to close, that lot extends for another two minutes. For example, say Lot 10 has one minute left before it closes and a bid is placed on it: Lot 10’s time will extend to three minutes. Then if Lot 10 ticks back down to thirty seconds remaining and another bid is placed, then Lot 10 will extend to two and a half minutes. As long as active bidding is occurring in that final two minute window, it will keep extending that lot’s time. This does not affect any other lots in the auction, just that particular lot.
High bids and maximum bids: Bidders can place maximum bids which remain secret; the system will only bid up to the competitive bids and show that number as the high bid. For example, if your maximum bid is $100 and the next highest bidder’s maximum bid is $50, then you would be the high bidder at $55. If bids go past your maximum, you’ll be notified by email that you’ve been outbid and can then bid again if you choose. If two bidders happen to have the same maximum bid, then the first bidder at that value is shown as the high bidder.
There is a 5% buyer’s premium on all winning bids
If you require shipping for your items, please let us know. We never assume a non-local address needs shipping. We will be following the guidelines below for pick-up and shipping.
Local Pick Up. Our new address is 211 w 8th St, Coffeyville, KS 67337
Local Payment: You can pay in cash or cashier’s check at time of pick up or online with credit card. 5% Buyers Premium will be waived for cash payment. (This does not mean cashiers checks)
- Pick up is at 211 w.8th, Coffeyville, KS from 2-7pm the day following the close of an auction unless otherwise noted in the auction. If you are not able to pick up at that time you can schedule a pick up appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 620-913-1360 .
- 2. If you’ve bought furniture or oversized items please bring help to move them. You and your assistant(s) will come into the building to move the item(s) to your vehicle.
2b. If you’ve bought a large number of smaller items, you will need to come in to get them. Please bring your own boxes/packing materials, we have none on hand.
3.For Shipping WE HAVE AMAZING IN-HOUSE PACKING & SHIPPING . Just let us know if you need shipping, and we will prepare the items in house. We are not responsible for items damaged in shipping and claims will have to be filed with the carrier by you. We have been packing and shipping online sales since 1998. We package well and use the most economical means possible. If you would prefer to ship on your own account please notify us. We will add the shipping charges to your invoice prior to charging your card.
- We do not ship freight items. You are more than welcome to schedule your own freight and we will be happy to work with you. We do not however offer that service at this time
- Any items not picked up within 14 days will be considered abandoned. Buyer will forfeit all rights to the property. Please schedule an appointment and pick up if you can’t make it on Tuesdays.
Standard Terms and Conditions
- Defined Terms.
- “Buyer” means any individual, entity, or organization that bids on any item for Sale.
- “Sale” means an online or in person auction facilitated by Eighth Street Auctions.
- “Eighth Street” means Eighth Street Auctions.
- “Customer” means a person or entity that contracts with Eighth Street Auctions to perform a Sale on Customer’s behalf.
- Requirements for Participation in Sale.
- Registration. To register for an auction a Buyer must deposit cash, a wire transfer, a major credit card, a letter of credit, or a wire transfer, or other certified funds approved by Eighth Street Auctions. Online Buyers must provide Eighth Street Auctions with a valid major credit card.
- Authorized Rep. to Guarantee Payment. (For Business Liquidation Sales) The authorized representative of any corporate Buyer who participates in the Sale shall provide Eighth Street Auctions with a statement signed by a principal, director or officer certifying that he or she shall personally guarantee any payment due to Eighth Street Auctions. This may be waived by Eighth Street Auctions in writing.
- Buyer’s Fee & Sales Tax. Unless a different Buyer’s Fee is posted, a “Buyer’s Fee” of 5% shall be added to all purchases and where applicable, sales tax shall also be added.
- Valuation of Items. The Buyer’s determination of its bid is based upon its own examination of the item, and not in reliance on any representations made by Eighth Street Auctions or third-parties online or elsewhere. BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VALUATION OF ALL ITEMS PURCHASED. Furthermore, Eighth Street Auctions makes no guarantees to Customer that any item will sell, or sell for a price desired by Customer
- Errors in Bidding.Eighth Street Auctions is not responsible for bidding errors made by Buyer. A Buyer shall bid on the correct item\lot and shall be certain that the bid is an amount (plus the Buyer’s Fee) that the Buyer is willing and able to pay.
- Errors in Sales Listings.Eighth Street Auctions is not responsible for any errors in the listing of any item available at a Sale. Customer is responsible for ensuring all listings accurately reflect the items. Owner/Seller Reserves the right to end the sale at anytime. Owner/Seller reserve the right to withdraw items from the sale at any time before, during or after bidding is complete. In the event of removal after bidding is complete, the high bidders sole remedy shall be the refund of the amount actually paid if payment has been made.
- All Sales Final.Once Eighth Street Auctions has announced the winning Buyer, said Buyer is unconditionally bound to pay for the item and Buyer’s Fee. All sales are final and all items are sold “as is” without any warranty, express or implied OF ANY KIND, provided by Eighth Street Auctions.
- Payment by Buyer. All amounts due are denominated in United States Dollars unless otherwise noted. By participating in any Sale, Buyer personally and unconditionally guarantees payment to Eighth Street. Further, Buyer shall not initiate a charge-back on his or her credit card after payment has been made to Eighth Street Auctions.
- United States Based Buyers. Payment for items purchased by US based Buyers is due upon completion of the Sale. Payment must be made with credit card, cash, or cashier’s check. Unless otherwise agreed, Eighth Street Auctions shall charge Buyer’s Card On File automatically upon completion of the Sale. This means once the pick up date/ time has been completed. (Any buyer has the option to pay in cash or cashiers check in person at time of pick up)
- International Buyers. Payment for items purchased by internationally based Buyers is due 24 hours following completion of the Sale. Payment must be made with credit card, or pre-approved wire transfer. Unless otherwise agreed, Eighth Street Auctions shall charge Buyer’s Card On File automatically upon completion of the Sale.
If Eighth Street Auctions must call or otherwise contact Buyer to complete payment, Buyer agrees to pay an additional fee of 5% of the gross sales price to Eighth Street Auctions. If any Credit Card offered by Buyer is declined, a fee of $10 per card declined will be paid by Buyer to Eighth Street Auctions. If any check offered by Buyer is not honored, an additional fee of $50 will be paid by Buyer to Eighth Street Auctions. Buyer is responsible for attorney’s fees, court costs, disbursements, and expenses associated with Eighth Street Auctions’s collection of outstanding invoices from Buyer. Any amounts not timely paid shall accrue interest at the rate of 1.5% per month until paid.
- Payment by Customer. All amounts due to Eighth Street Auctions are payable immediately upon completion of the Sale, or as otherwise agreed upon between Customer and Eighth Street Auctions. (Once the pick up date/ time has expired) Customer agrees to pay all amounts requested by Eighth Street Auctions, including but not limited to: commission, cancellation fees, lost commission & profits, attorney’s fees, and all other costs incurred by Eighth Street Auctions.
- Pick Up & Shipping. Buyer shall pick up and remove all items during the scheduled removal times. Eight Street ships items locally and Internationally. Buyer must notify Eighth street by email or phone to set up shipping. If Buyer fails to do so, all items left behind shall be considered abandoned and Eighth Street Auctions shall not be liable to Buyer in any way. Buyer is responsible for organizing any large freight shipping arrangements for delivery of purchased items.
- Lost or Stolen Items. Eighth Street Auctions shall not be responsible to Buyer or Customer for any lost or stolen items.
. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from our web site by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls, and postal mail by visiting and signing into Company Promotional Communications Manager, which allows you to update contact information, manage contact preferences, opt out of email subscriptions, and choose whether to share your contact information with our partners. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain web site services.
You can view or edit your personal data online for many of our services. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which services you use. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from our web site by email, SMS, physical mail, and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls, and postal mail by visiting and signing into Company Promotional Communications Manager, which allows you to update contact information, manage contact preferences, opt out of email subscriptions, and choose whether to share your contact information with our partners. These choices do not apply to mandatory service communications that are part of certain web site services.